[Pgpool-general] PGPool and parallel query

Josh Berkus josh at agliodbs.com
Tue Apr 3 02:31:08 UTC 2007

Adonias,

> I´m developing a large database inside Brazilian Government and we are
> using postgresql for about 2 years as our DBMS.

Cool!  I'm going to be at FISL and TechDays Sao Paulo; maybe we could meet up?

> As the most complicated query is made of 3 unions, i´d like to run them in
> parallel. Looking at PGPool II i´ve found the way to do parallel queries.
> But, my question is:

Did you look at PostgresForest as well?  Ishii-san, what's the status of
PGPoolII parallelization vs. PostgresForest?

> To use and take advantage of the parallel query implementation of PGPool i
> have to setup one postgresql node for each parallel execution line that i
> wanna have? Is it possible to pgpool start parallel execution based on my
> number of processors into the node?

I don't know any parallel query version of PostgreSQL which does not require a
separate db note for each parallel execution node, Greenplum included.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun