[Pgpool-general] Disable automatic failover

Michal Taborsky - Internet Mall michal.taborsky at mall.cz
Mon Nov 27 18:01:22 UTC 2006

Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> We don't want that. We want the pgpool not to try to be smart and do
>> only what it is told. Is there a possibility to disable the automatic
>> failover?
>
> Currently pgpool does not have such a function. It is cetainly doable
> however.  I do not think it's a good idea to do so for the replication
> mode, but for the master/slave mode, I tend to agree with you to
> enable that function.

Exactly. Pgpool currently behaves more or less the same in replication
and in master/slave setup, though they are quite different. Having the
possibility to disable failover would be much appreciated.

And also the ability to resurrect the server, which has failed, either
manually or automatically with health checking. This can be done by
restarting pgpool, but it would be nice, if it was done automatically.

> For replicaton mode, it is dangeraous switching back without making
> sure that the disconnected server is sync with the live one.

Sure, we are talking master/slave situation here. Replication mode works
as it should, I suppose.

Thanks.

--
Michal Táborský