[Pgpool-general] Cannot connect outside of box

Jim C. Nasby jnasby at pervasive.com
Mon Apr 24 16:33:02 UTC 2006

What's listen_address set to?

listen_address

    Specifies the addresses to listen on for TCP/IP connections. Set to
    '*' for all configured IP interfaces, '' for no TCP/IP connections,
    or else to a specific IP address or host name. The default is
    'localhost'. Note that connections via UNIX domain sockets are
    always allowed. (For compatibility with earlier versions of pgpool,
    allow_inet_domain_socket = 1 means listen_addresses = '*' and
    allow_inet_domain_socket = 0 means listen_addresses = ''.)