[Pgpool-general] Multiple Instances of pgpool

Thomas F. O'Connell tfo at sitening.com
Sat Oct 15 17:19:44 GMT 2005

On Oct 14, 2005, at 6:50 PM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> In pgpool1.conf and pgpool2.conf following directives should have
> different values:
>
> port
> socket_dir
> logdir
>
> Hope this helps,

It does! This was the part I didn't know.

One note: it seems that I must leave socket_dir the same, or else
pgpool can't connect over Unix domain sockets.

I seem to have two separate instances with two separate configuration
files running with just port and logdir set differently.

Thanks for the tip, though!

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect

Open Source Solutions. Optimized Web Development.

http://www.sitening.com/
110 30th Avenue North, Suite 6
Nashville, TN 37203-6320
615-469-5150