[Pgpool-general] Is master / slave mode working ?

Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Mon Nov 14 13:46:19 GMT 2005

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 09:00:12AM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> BTW, I'm wondering what pgpool should do if master goes down. In
> master/slave mode, should pgpool kill itself not to continue to accept
> queries or treat the slave as if it's a new master?

Is there any (even logical) possibility that a transaction can COMMIT
on the master and yet fail on the slave?  If so, it's important that
automatic switchover be configurable (with a default of "off",
preferably), or the tool will break ACID under circumstances where
people don't find that acceptable.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
It is above all style through which power defers to reason.
		--J. Robert Oppenheimer