[Pgpool-general] kind does not match between backends

Fernando Schapachnik fernando at mecon.gov.ar
Wed Mar 16 16:44:23 GMT 2005

En un mensaje anterior, Tatsuo Ishii escribió:
> It seems the authentication settings for the master and secondary are
> different, but this is just a guess. I have add some debug statement
> to see if this actually happens. Can you grab the latest source using
> anon CVS? If you have problem with CVS, I could send you the file via
> private mail. Please let me know.

Yes, that was it, but having corrected it, still doesn't work:

DEBUG: pid 86559: I am 86559 accept fd 6
DEBUG: pid 86559: Protocol Major: 1234 Minor: 5679 database:  user:
DEBUG: pid 86559: SSLRequest: sent N; retry startup
DEBUG: pid 86559: Protocol Major: 2 Minor: 0 database: XXX user: XXX
DEBUG: pid 86559: trying md5 authentication
DEBUG: pid 86559: master: 1 salt: 34213ffb6
DEBUG: pid 86559: master: 0 salt: 2366ffb45f
DEBUG: pid 86559: do_md5: backend does not return R while
processing MD5 authentication E
ERROR: pid 86559: pool_do_auth: backend does not return
authenticaton ok

It seems it is authenticating OK with the main server, but not with the
secondary. I tried with psql -h remote and the password is OK.

>From the docs, I'm reading that md5 is allowed in my setting (replication_mode =
false). Is that right?

Thanks!

Fernando.