[pgpool-hackers: 4370] 3rd node in 3-node HA cluster not working when other two nodes go down

Salman Ahmed salman.ahmed at stormatics.tech
Tue Aug 15 18:35:04 JST 2023

Dear pgpool-hackers,

We’re currently working on pg_cirrus - a simple tool to setup 3-node HA
PostgreSQL clusters using pgpool. We’re facing an issue i.e. after second
failover the third node stops responding.

When pg_cirrus sets up 3-node HA cluster within the same subnet and the
primary node fails, a standby node is promoted as the new primary node and
client machines are able to connect with the cluster via pgpool. When this
newly promoted primary node also fails the third node stops responding.

Is this the expected behavior or are we doing something wrong, kindly guide
us.

To view our source code please go to:
https://github.com/stormatics/pg_cirrus

Thanks!