[pgpool-hackers: 4108] Re: Proposal: allow to specify replication delay by time

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Sat Jan 29 17:01:45 JST 2022

> I have committed/pushed the patch along with pcp_node_info changes and
> document changes to master branch.

I realized the replication delay by time can be obtained by looking at
pg_stat_replication view (replay_lag field).  This way makes the code
much simpler and more precise replication delay can be obtained. The
only downside is pg_stat_replication.replay_lag is only available in
PostgreSQL 10 or later (previous method can be used in 9.5 or later).
I think the down side is not worth the trouble and we should use
pg_stat_replication.replay_lag.

I have pushed the method.

Best reagards,