[pgpool-hackers: 4097] Changing default value for log_line_prefix

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Jan 13 17:26:20 JST 2022

Currently the default value for log_line_prefix is "%t pid: %p", which
is long standing default. Since 4.2, %a (application name) and since
4.3 %m (timestamp with millisecond) are available.

I think now is the time to switch to modern default. I suggest:
"%m %a pid: %p"

"%m" is the default in PostgreSQL. And I think we should follow it.
"%a" is not in the default of PostgreSQL but Pgpool-II has many sub
%process and adding %a will make admin's life easier.

Also I suggest to make the change to not only master branch but 4.3
stable. There's not so many 4.3 users yet and changing the default
will not affect existing 4.3 users. Only new 4.3 will enjoy the new
default.

If there's no objection, I will push the change.

Best reagards,