[pgpool-hackers: 4034] Default value for log_standby_delay

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Oct 6 17:23:37 JST 2021

Core Pgpool-II developers, including me, have a plan to comment out
all the parameters in pgpool.conf as PostgreSQL already does for
upcoming Pgpool-II 4.3 because this will consistent usage with
PostgreSQL and easy to use for users.

So I noticed that the compile time default value for log_standby_delay
is 'none' while it's 'if_over_threshold' in the sample
pgool.conf. What should we do?

I think the default value for the parameter should be
'if_over_threshold' as it will give useful information to most
users. I cannot imagine a user who does not want to have the
replication delay log info. If such a user exists, he/she can change
the parameter value to 'none'.

I will change the default value in the source code and the
documentation if there's no objection.