[pgpool-hackers: 3875] Proposal: virtual database for pgpool commands

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Mar 11 23:16:22 JST 2021

Currently Pgpool-II's SQL-like commands such as "show pool_nodes"
cannot be executed unless at least one backend is alive. If we have
"virtual database", we could eliminate this limitation because the
SQL-like command actually does not access backend.  The virtual
database is distinguished from ordinary database by it's
name. "pgpool" can be one of the candidates but it may conflict with
existing database name. Probably we should have new parameter
something like "virtual_database_name"?

Comments and suggestions are welcome.