[pgpool-hackers: 3985] Re: [pgpool-general: 7543] VIP with one node

Muhammad Usama m.usama at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 18:12:59 JST 2021

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 4:40 AM Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> >> Is it possible to configure watchdog to enable the lost node removal
> >> function only when a node is properly shutdown?
> >>

> > Yes if we disable the wd_lost_node_to_remove_timeout (by setting it to 0)
> > the lost node removal will only happen for properly shutdown nodes.
>
> Oh, I thought setting wd_lost_node_to_remove_timeout to 0 will keep
> the existing behavior.

As there are two parts of the proposal, First one deals with removing the
lost node
from the cluster after wd_lost_node_to_remove_timeout amount of time. While
the
second part is about removing the properly shutdown nodes from the cluster.

Now disabling the wd_lost_node_to_remove_timeout (setting it to 0) will
keep the
existing behaviour as far as removing the lost node portion of proposal is
concerned.

While not counting the properly shutdown node as part of watchdog cluster
is not configurable (as per original proposal), So if we want to make this
part configurable
as well so that we can switch to 100% current behaviour then we can add
another
config parameter for that. like consider_shutdown_nodes_part_of_wd_cluster
= [on|off]

Thanks
Best regards
Muhammad Usama