[pgpool-hackers: 4077] Run regression test using existing installation

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Sun Dec 19 20:46:59 JST 2021

Currently it is possible to run regression test using existing installation.

regression.sh -m noinstall

However some of tests fail in this case because those tests require
pgpool to be compiled with variable HEALTHCHECK_DEBUG is set. This is
only possible in following procedure.

make clean
cd src/test/regression
./regress.sh

To run the regression test with existing installation I propose to add
new config variable "health_check_test". The source code is always
compiled as if HEALTHCHECK_DEBUG is set. But the test facility is not
activated unless health_check_test is set to on.

One of benefits of the feature is, packagers can run the regression
test after creating their packages.

Attached is the patch for this. Note that The new config variable is
not added to pgpool.conf.sample in the patch. I think the feature is
purely for developers and we don't want users to play with the feature.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Best reagards,