[pgpool-hackers: 3537] Re: Refactoring running mode in Pgpool-II

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Mar 6 16:07:19 JST 2020

>>  replication_setup_mode seems good, I am also thinking about something like
>> "backend_clustering_mode" or "backend_clustering_setup"
>> What do you think?
>
> That's even better I think since not all mode does replication (hint:
> raw mode). I am going to use 'backend_clustering_mode' and start
> development of patches.

While creating patches, I noticed that if we need pgpool.conf.sample
for master slave mode (pgpool.conf.sample-master-slave) at
all. Currently it has master_slave_mode = on and master_slave_sub_mode
= 'slony', and which should be named to pgpool.conf.slony I think.

Also I noticed that the default pgpool.conf.sample is actually for raw
mode. Why don't we have new pgpool.conf.sample-raw?

Also I think the default pgpool.conf.sample should be identical (or
link to) pgpool.conf.sample-stream, because most of users streaming
replication cluster.