[pgpool-hackers: 3420] Re: How to get node occupation and execution time from statements?

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Sep 12 07:46:50 JST 2019

> Hi!
>
> I have 3 questions:
>
> 1. How can I get node occupation? I have pgpools in docker containers, and
> I want to recycle the container when the occupation gets 95~99% to avoid
> that the requests are denied.

What is "occupation"? I am not familiar with docker.

> 2. Is there any way to get the execution time from statements? My system
> has some users in Oracle and anothers in Postgres .. We are migrating to
> Postgres. But the requests to Postgres have twice the time to the same
> request that Oracle, but the Postgres servers (1 master and 1 slave in
> native stream replication) are more robust then the Oracle's and it has
> resources left. We're using about 30% of memory and 10% of CPU. I want to
> find out if the pgpool configuration are satisfactory by comparing the
> response time from postgres node log and the response time on pgpool.

There's no such a feature in pgpool. I think it's not terribly hard to
implement it though.

> 3. May I try to improve the tool by contribuiting in the project? How can I
> do this?

We mostly follow PostgreSQL's way. You can propose design of new
feature in this mailing list to start discussion, along with patches
against git repository if possible. Developers, including me, will
reply to your postings to continue the discussion. Once developers
agree with the patch, one of committers will commit/push the patch. We
always welcome contributions to the project. Please don't hesitate to
ask questions regarding contribution works.