[pgpool-hackers: 2977] Re: Pgpool-II 4.0 vs. pool_passwd

Jesper Pedersen jesper.pedersen at redhat.com
Tue Aug 21 20:25:18 JST 2018

Hi,

On 08/21/2018 04:07 AM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> What are the password formats allowed in pool_passwd?
>
> I know at least several formats:
>
> 1) md5
>
> t-ishii:md5ce4cf1572c8167c097638820177cbc05
>
> 2) AES256
>
> t-ishii:AESc7iO9vVbTxOaY+JSWTbPqA==
>
> But what about clear text password? Do you suppose it is allowed in pool_passwd?

Yes, I have all 3 types defined in my pool_passwd, with

  enable_pool_hba = on
  allow_clear_text_frontend_auth = off

and no passwords defined in pgpool.conf. The key is read from ~/.pgpoolkey.

> Also I wonder we can safely mix up md5/AES256 formats in pool_passwd
> because I see corrpuption in pool_passwd if I update one of the
> password.

That is

  https://www.pgpool.net/mantisbt/view.php?id=419

which also exists on stable branches for a mix of plain text and MD5
passwords.

Best regards,
  Jesper