[pgpool-hackers: 2908] Re: New feature: supporting SCRAM and CERT based authentication in Pgpool-II

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Aug 2 12:52:39 JST 2018

> First of all sorry for late response, I got stuck with some high priority
> tasks and couldn't get the time for this.

No problem.

> Ok so I am able to reproduce the issue and the reason is pgpool_setup.sh
> was not placing the pool_hba.conf file in test directory
> and we get the "missing or erroneous pool_hba.conf file" error by following
> these above mentioned steps.
> I will add the pool_setup.sh changes in the patch.

Oh ok. It though is a new bug.

> As far as the behaviour is concerned do you think we should change it. If
> enable_pool_hba is set to on in the configuration
> but hba file is not found then this error is thrown. which seems to me a
> correct behaviour. What is your suggestion on this?

If enable_pool_hba = on and there's no pool_hba.conf or erroneous
pool_hba.conf exists, currently pgpool behaves same as above. To fix
the issue, user needs to create a good pool_hba.conf or disable
enable_pool_hba, then reload pgpool. I think this is reasonable and we
can keep the behavior as it is.