[pgpool-hackers: 2334] PostgreSQL 10 backward incompatibilities

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Tue May 16 10:07:54 JST 2017

>From the PostgreSQL 10 relelease note:

Rename SQL functions, tools, and options that reference “xlog” to “wal” (Robert Haas)

This surely affects to Pgpool-II. I found these calls in Pgpool-II:

		query = "SELECT pg_current_xlog_location()";
		query = "SELECT pg_last_xlog_replay_location()";

We have to deal with this. Just changing these function names to new
ones will make Pgpool-II not work with pre-10 versions of
PostgreSQL. So will not be acceptable. Any idea?