[pgpool-hackers: 1434] pgpool logging

Devrim GÜNDÜZ devrim at gunduz.org
Mon Feb 29 07:57:41 JST 2016

Hi,

What is the recommended way for pgpool logging?

I realized that redirecting the stderr output to a log file in systemd won't
work, so by default, the RPMs don't have a meaningful logs by default. I mean,
the following line in pgpool unit file won't work:

ExecStart=/usr/pgpool-9.5/bin/pgpool -f /etc/pgpool-II-95/pgpool.conf -d  > /var/log/pgpool-II-95/pgpool.log 2&>1

However, when I change log_destination to syslog, we get actual logs.

Am I missing something with stderr configuration in general? What is the
preferred pgpool logging, while checking issues with pooling?

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ