[pgpool-hackers: 152] persisting pgpool status

Meister, Klaus Meister at mecom.de
Thu Nov 8 17:57:56 JST 2012

Hi pgpool-hackers,

we are using pgpool2-3.1.3 in a productive environment with streaming replication.
For the single point of failure pgpool we have a corosync/pacemaker configuration on each database machine.

Once  we had an automatic  failover (because of a network failure) wich worked fine but which we did not realize!(?)
2 weeks later there was another failover (wich worked fine too :)  and we were back on the obsolete database which was still up and open.

To prevent this we are planning to use the pgpool_status file on a shared storage and use it on startup/failover/switchover ...
This file seems to be written only in case of cleanly stopping the ppool.
I think it would be useful to do this every time the status of a node is being changed.

Maybe is there another recommended way to solve our problem.

With kind regards
Klaus Meister

--
Dipl.-Phys. Klaus Meister

Datenbankadministrator
mecom Medien-Communikations-Gesellschaft mbH
Mittelweg 143
D 20148 Hamburg

Tel:   +49 40 4113-32824
Fax:  +49 40 451962
Web: <http://www.mecom.de/>
Registergericht Hamburg, HRB 43177
Geschäftsführer: Ulrich Wiehsalla, Barbara Bliefert
Sollten Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfänger sein,
informieren Sie bitte den Absender dieser E-Mail entsprechend.