[pgpool-general: 9053] Re: 0 th backend is not valid after upgrading to 4.5.1

Emond Papegaaij emond.papegaaij at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 21:46:09 JST 2024

Hi all,

I've done some additional investigation and I'm quite confident that this
is the change that is causing the problems:
https://github.com/pgpool/pgpool2/commit/a2a86804cb838b416f317cc083d521a5c691f2ec

The other changes between 4.5.0 and 4.5.1 seem only related to defaults for
settings, which we both set explicitly:
failover_on_backend_shutdown = on
recovery_user = 'keyhub'

We use streaming replication without load balancing:
backend_clustering_mode = 'streaming_replication'
load_balance_mode = off
statement_level_load_balance = off

Switching back to 4.5.0 fixes the issue.

Best regards,
Emond