[pgpool-general: 9035] after failover re-adding a node

Sbob sbob at quadratum-braccas.com
Fri Mar 1 15:12:50 JST 2024

Hi all;

I am setting up & testing pgpool,

I have the setup working with repmgr, I have a few questions:

say I loose a backend primary node and do a failover, how do I remove
the node from pgpool as opposed to letting it stick around as a failed node?

say I loose a node and perform a failover, now the node is unregistered
via repmgr and marked as down via pgpool. Now I re-run a pg_basebackup
on the failed node and then register it as a standby for repmgr

how do I tell pgpool that the node is back?

also, say I have 2 backend postgres nodes (a master & a standby) and I
want to add a 3rd node as a standby, once I set it up and register it to
repmgr how do I add it to pgpool?

Thanks in advance