[pgpool-general: 8937] Re: Testing cluster: it doesn't work as expected

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Sep 27 12:34:17 JST 2023

Hi,

On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 14:35:25 +0200
Tan Mientras <tanimientras at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Alternatively, you can set "auto_failback = off" to automatically attach
> > a health standby node that went down.
> >
> isn't auto_failback default OFF?

Sorry.
I mean you can set "auto_failback = on" to automatically attach a health standby node that went down.

> > Also, I found that in your configuration you enabled failover without
> > setting "failover_command".
> > Are you using other tools for failover?
> >
> Nope
>
> Can failover_command be a path for a .sh file?

Yes.
Below is an configuration example:
https://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/en/html/example-cluster.html

If you want to enable automatic failover of pgpool,
I think you don't need to set "backend_flag0 = 'ALWAYS_PRIMARY'",
because pgpool can automatically detect the new primary after failover.

However, you are using "https://github.com/bitnami/containers",
this container may be using other HA tool for failover.
I recommend that you contact the provider of "https://github.com/bitnami/containers".

--
Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>
SRA OSS LLC