[pgpool-general: 8976] Re: installing pgpool on amazon linux?

Ron Johnson ronljohnsonjr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 00:14:23 JST 2023

On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 10:06 AM Sbob <sbob at quadratum-braccas.com> wrote:

> All;
>

> I am trying to install pgpool on amazon Linux (EC2) but it's not in the
> default upstream repo's and this amazon linux extras bs seems to not
> have it either, I tried to install the PGDG repo by choosing version 14
> and RHEL / CentOS 7 but it fails.
>

> Anyone know how to do this?

Directly download the RPMs directly from the website, and then manually
install them using yum/dnf.

Here's a PowerShell snippet from what I use.  Then I scp the files to my
Linux server.
$page="
https://www.pgpool.net/yum/rpms/${MajorVer}/redhat/${RHDirVer}-x86_64/"
get-RPM $page
"pgpool-II-${PgMajorVer}-${MajorVer}${MinorVer}-1pgdg.${RHFileVer}.x86_64.rpm"
get-RPM $page
"pgpool-II-${PgMajorVer}-extensions-${MajorVer}${MinorVer}-1pgdg.${RHFileVer}.x86_64.rpm"