[pgpool-general: 8632] Watchdog Support for IPv6 Network

chenlian (L) chenlian17 at huawei.com
Thu Mar 9 15:34:24 JST 2023

Hello pgpool team,

I used Pgpool-II 4.1.15 in my project. If the PostgreSQL backend server is deployed using IPv6 addresses, PCP process and
watchdog process cannot bind IPv6 addresses.

I noticed that PCP process in Pgpool-II 4.4 already supports IPv6 networks, but watchdog still can only bind IPv4.
(According to https://pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/TODO#Support_IPv6_network)

I'd like to know when you plan to implement watchdog support for IPV6 networks.

Also, if I want to replace Pgpool-II 4.1.15 with Pgpool-II 4.4.2, is it compatible? I'm using PostgreSQL 11.13.

Best regards,
Chen