[pgpool-general: 8855] Re: queries not redirecting to primary when "delay_threshold_by_time" is exceeded

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Jun 29 07:15:43 JST 2023

>> The test query above will never be load balanced regardless
>> replication delay because it involves system catalogs
>> (pg_tables). Please try test queries that do not involve system
>> catalogs.
>>

> OK it works if I remove part of the query that uses system catalogs.
>
> The docs do state this restriction but it says its only for native
> replication, not streaming replication
> See: https://www.pgpool.net/docs/44/en/html/runtime-config-load-balancing.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOAD-BALANCING-CONDITION
> Last bullet point says "in native replication mode, in addition to
> above, following conditions must be met: "

The doc is wrong. I have fixed it as follows:

"in streaming replication mode in addition to above, following conditions must be met:"

For now the fix is only for git repository. The document in the URL
above will be fixed in a few days.

Sorry for inconvenience.

> In any case, thanks for pointing this out, and once again thanks for
> the patched version release!

You are welcome!

Best reagards,
SRA OSS LLC