[pgpool-general: 8808] Need help with finetuning

Praveen Kumar K S praveenssit at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 19:05:14 JST 2023

Hello All,

I'm using https://github.com/bitnami/charts/tree/main/bitnami/postgresql-ha
helm charts to deploy pgpool+postgres with 3 replicas on k8s cluster. All
is well. Below are the parameters.

postgresql.maxConnections=900
pgpool.authenticationMethod=md5
pgpool.maxPool=28
pgpool.clientIdleLimit=300

All others are default values. The setup comes fine. Our applications are
working fine. Now as part of performance testing, the team has run the
scripts and the pgpool goes down with FATAL:  Sorry, too many clients
already and the pgpool pods keep restarting. Its been 3 days and its still
restarting with same error. I deleted my applications to check whats wrong
with pgpool. But even after deleting the applications, pgpool is still
restarting with same error. So I thought of asking the experts here, how to
fine-tune the pgpool parameters to achieve performance. When I checked the
backend postres connections, it was 67. After deleting applications it is
4. The command I used is SELECT sum(numbackends) FROM pg_stat_database;

Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks.

--

*Regards,*

*K S Praveen KumarM: +91-9986855625 *