[pgpool-general: 8896] Re: Delegate IP on a single node cluster

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Jul 26 15:00:27 JST 2023

Hi,

If you are using Pgpool-II 4.3 or later, you can use
"dynamic cluster membership" to remove the DOWN node from the cluster
to ensure the cluster has quorum and VIP is available.

[dynamic cluster membership]
https://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/en/html/runtime-watchdog-config.html#CONFIG-WATCHDOG-CLUSTER-MEMBERSHIP

However, using the dynamic cluster membership has an associated risk of
causing a split-brain. So it is strongly recommended to carefully review
if the setup requires the dynamic cluster membership and consider using
conservative values for related settings.

--
Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>
SRA OSS LLC