[pgpool-general: 8890] Re: DB Connection ERROR during a failover

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Jul 11 18:33:47 JST 2023

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

> My questions are:
>
> 1. Is *failover.sh *executed everytime any node goes down?

If pgpool detects the node down and triggers a failover,
the script specified in failover_command will be executed.

failover.sh is the script which you specified in failover_command.
You can customize this script.

> 2. When such a *failover *event is triggered, what happens to all the
> connections opened against all the nodes?

If the DOWN node is standby and is not load balacing node,
the existing session may not be affected in some cases.