[pgpool-general: 8537] Re: Cache configuration

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Jan 3 21:25:20 JST 2023

> I’ll try to clarify the question.
>
> I saw that when I query lets say a result with 10k records I saw that num
> entry used increased by 5 when I expected to increase by 1.
>
> So I asked if is it possible that a query result will allocate more than
> one entry?

I guess the extra cache entries are used by "shared relation
cache". Pgpool-II issues queries internally to obtain system catalog
information to process user query. The shared relation cache stores
the information onto query cache to enhance performance. The feature
is enabled by default. You can set enable_shared_relcache to off to
see if the number of cache entries decreases.

Best reagards,
SRA OSS LLC