[pgpool-general: 8536] DISCARD ALL connections in idle

Avi Raboah avi.raboah at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 20:30:14 JST 2023

Hi,

I am using 30 num_childs with connection pooling on and child_life_time 0.

I am not sure why but when I am looking on the pg_stat_activity I can see
29 connection in idle state and the query is DISCARD ALL.

And after some time the application name changed to psql in all the
connection.

I looking in the code but didn’t find anything about the DISCARD ALL query.

I can guess maybe it’s related for the connection reuse but still can’t
explain why the query appears as DISCARD_ALL.

Thanks for your help

Avi