[pgpool-general: 8738] Re: Clients disconnection when slave node is off

Jesús Campoy jesuscampoy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 06:01:30 JST 2023

Hi Tatsuo,

At first, thank you so much for your time to investigate this issue.

I have compiled pgpool 4.3.2 with your patch and the problem with pgbench
is solved.
I still need to test it in my environment.

Anyway, I had a look your code and I have seen that the session is closed
only if failover is not completed in 30 seconds.
I have the following doubt related to this change. Is this session
operative during the failover? I mean, if failover spends 20 seconds, is
this session blocked during this time or this session can accept any
transaction?

Let me another question. Should we add this issue as a bug?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Jesús