[pgpool-general: 8417] Re: Extended query and cache

Avi Raboah avi.raboah at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 18:55:43 JST 2022

Yes I meant remove the S message.
And you this is the expected behaviour the fronted should send the Sync
message.

My pgproto looks like this

‘P'     ""      "SELECT 1"      0
'B'     ""      ""      0       0       0
'D'     'P'     ""
'E'     ""      0
'Y'
'X'

I Remove the ‘S’ because I want to prove that the state change from active
to idle only if we send ‘S’ message.
When I remove like I show above the state stays active.

And that’s what I am saying when I use extended query and I get miss from
cache execute forward  to BE and then,
Pgpool immediately read FE next message which is ‘S’ and forward to BE.

But when I get hit from cache pgpool not forward execute to BE and skip
reading the next frontend message which is ‘S’ and instead start read
backend response.

This case make the state stay on active until pgpool finish to read
everything from BE.

Thanks,

Avi