[pgpool-general: 8364] Re: Active connection

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Sep 1 00:08:41 JST 2022

Hello,

Sorry for the late response.

>  Connection cache is enabled in my configuration it’s a fact, but in my understanding, connection cache should work for connections with "idle" state with substring "DISCARD ALL" what means frontend is diskonected and pgpool cacheing this connection for some period of time (cached connection will be finished after time defined by child_life_time and I have it set to 60s).
>
> In my case connection was in "active" state for few hours, client was disconeted and pgpool kept this connection, from postgresql point of  view it was wiat_event  ClientRead.

If you specify child_life_time = 60s, the cached connection
between pgpool and PostgreSQLwill be terminated in 60s.

How did you check the connection state?
If you enable the following configuration parameters in PostgreSQL,
the connection and disconnection log messages will be output in PostgreSQL's log.
These log messages may be helpful to check when the connection was closed.

  log_connections = on
  log_disconnections = on

--
Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>