[pgpool-general: 8464] Read only session when connecting from QGIS to a master/slave cluster

Giuseppe Sacco giuseppe at sguazz.it
Thu Oct 20 21:17:41 JST 2022

Hello,
I recently configured pgpool for accessing a master/slave cluster with
streaming replication. I suppose that all clients are normally connected to
the slave until they issue a statement that modify data. Using psql we have
no problem in connecting to pgpool and it seems it balance the requests as
expected.

But, when using QGIS, sometimes the icon that allow to modify the data is
grayed. I think it might be because the connection is marked as read only,
but I am not sure about that.

Anyone has similar experiences?

Thank you,
Giuseppe