[pgpool-general: 8483] disable load balancing to a master/slave cluster with streaming replication

Giuseppe Sacco giuseppe at sguazz.it
Mon Nov 7 21:40:25 JST 2022

Hello,
I setup a master/slave configuration with postgresql 14, and I would like
to send all read queries to the slave and all write statements to master. I
enabled load balancing and specified backend_weight equal 0 for the master
and 1 for the slave. Now, when clients connect and issue a write statement,
they get errors about the postgresql being in read only. So, I think, these
statements were sent to the slave machine.

How should I change the load balancer (or other) parameters in order to
solve this problem?

Thank you very much,
Giuseppe