[pgpool-general: 8175] Unable to acquire JDBC Connection

Nikola(HM) nikm71 at hotmail.com
Tue May 24 22:23:03 JST 2022

Hello,

Our application use Pgpool in k8s with docker image pgpool/pgpool2, and
our PostgreSQL nodes are on virtual machines.

When we tried to perform load test our application, we have received a
lot of errors of application services that connect to database through
Pgpool:

"Could not open JPA EntityManager for transaction; nested exception is
org.hibernate.exception.JDBCConnectionException: Unable to acquire JDBC
Connection"

If application connects to database directly  without Pgpool, this error
does not appear.

Do you have any experience with such problem and could you tell why it
occurs, i.e. why the service can't connect Pgpool and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,
   Nikola