[pgpool-general: 8160] Re: Cleanup of WAL archive

Jon SCHEWE jon.schewe at raytheon.com
Sat May 14 04:38:27 JST 2022

Doing more reading on this and looking at the scripts that are used by pgpool, it's not clear to me that I need to be archiving WAL files. If I'm using streaming replication, then the backup should always be up to date and due to the pg_basebackup call in the follow_master.sh that should keep everything updated, correct? Or are the archived WAL files there to handle the time between when the current primary server hands off to the standby server? If so, how are the archived WAL files supposed to be cleaned up?