[pgpool-general: 8153] Re: allocation of child processes is constantly growing

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Thu May 12 13:41:25 JST 2022

Hello,

> But I see that our microservice (that is, the Pgpool client) establishes
> more and more new connections with Pgpool child processes, which remain
> open and the number of connections to the database grows.
>
> The microservice is written in Java and has its own Hikari pool of
> connections.
>
> Could you please explain this behaviour? Could this be the reason?

We have fixed some bugs with the connection counter.
It was reported by a user who uses Hikari pool.
I'm not sure if it is the same issue or not, but I recommend you to try the latest version.

https://www.pgpool.net/pipermail/pgpool-general/2021-October/007808.html
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=commit;h=6ed89298fb9a71e5554ee44d4abe0cfd0f2da0f0

Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan