[pgpool-general: 8028] Re: Pgpool HA in AWS

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Mar 1 10:50:31 JST 2022

Hello,

On Thu, 24 Feb 2022 15:15:34 +0530
RAJAMOHAN <garajamohan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello team,
>
> I am setting up a high availability architecture for pgpool using ec2
> instances. I am able to complete 2 node pgpool instances setup in the same
> subnet using watchdog by detaching and attaching secondary ENI (Private
> ip). And it's working fine.
>
> As a next step I am planning to setup two pgpool instances in 2 different
> availability zones to avoid AZ level outages as well. But the problem now
> is since both AZ's have different subnet ranges I can't use the secondary
> ENI or elastic ip approach.
>
> Are there any other options to overcome this? Any suggestions or ideas will
> be helpful?

If you are using different AZ, there two ways to setup VIP:

  1. rewrite route table (It's required to disable source-destination check)
  2. Route53

Below is a slide in Japanese(p.41-46), I hope it can be helpful.

https://www.sraoss.co.jp/wp-content/uploads/files/event_seminar/material/2017/jpug_20171103_pgpool_aws.pdf

We plan to make the English documentation in a future release.

--
Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan