[pgpool-general: 8240] Couple of issues with 4.3.2

Jon SCHEWE jon.schewe at raytheon.com
Fri Jun 24 00:33:58 JST 2022

I'm upgrading from 4.1.4 to 4.3.2 and having 2 issues with my testing:

1) I'm using the stock configuration file as much as possible and only modifying the parameters that I need for my clustering setup. So most parameters are still commented out. I'm getting the error on startup "invalid life-check configuration. no heartbeat interfaces defined"
I've left the heartbeat_device parameters as '' as this appears to be the default.
wd_monitoring_interfaces_list is commented out per the default.

What am I missing in the configuration?

2) When I try and shutdown the service I get log messages "stop request sent to pgpool (pid: 3048597). waiting for termination...", then "Stopping timed out. Terminating".  /etc/sysconfig/pgpool has "-m fast" set for the STOP_OPTS.
What do I have misconfigured that causes shutdown to fail? Perhaps this is related to my invalid configuration above?

Jon Schewe