[pgpool-general: 8331] Re: Problems with pool_passwd

Wolf Schwurack wolf at uen.org
Tue Jul 12 23:43:40 JST 2022

When I was having this same error, the problem was I didn't configure openssl with pgpool. After running 'configure --with-openssl' I didn't have the issue.

Wolf

On 7/11/22, 10:36 AM, "pgpool-general on behalf of Jon SCHEWE" <pgpool-general-bounces at pgpool.net on behalf of jon.schewe at raytheon.com> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > > pool_passwd = 'passwords.conf'
    > > This reports 'Password does not match for user "pgpool".' in the postgresql log file.
    >
    > If you are using a relative path, please make sure passwords.conf exists in the same directory as pgpool.conf.
    > Otherwise, you need to specify an absolute path.
    >
    > https://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/en/html/runtime-config-connection.html#GUC-POOL-PASSWD

    Both passwords.conf and pgpool.conf are in /etc/pgpool-II

    I can verify the file is being read by removing entries from the file and then I get an error from postgresql that an empty password was sent.