[pgpool-general: 8319] start/stop pgpool & postgres

Todd Stein todd.stein at microfocus.com
Fri Jul 8 22:16:57 JST 2022

Starting and stopping postgres and pgpool.
I've seen several posts and questions regarding the correct method to use for controlling postgres and pgpool.  I'm referring to the use of pg_ctl, deamon mode/systemd, or other creative ways....

The problem I've seen is that sometimes these methods do not remain in sync.  You may start postgres with pg_ctl and get false results when running sysemctl status postgresql-<ver>.

The pgpool scripts all use pg_ctl instead of systemd.

Is one way better?  Why?

Regards,

Todd Stein