[pgpool-general: 8281] Re: Problems with pool_passwd

Jon SCHEWE jon.schewe at raytheon.com
Sat Jul 2 00:04:05 JST 2022

> > I'm having some trouble using pool_passwd with pgpool-II 4.3.2.
> > I'm using the attached pgpool.conf file where I have specified that the pool_passwd file is named "passwords.conf".
> > This file exists and is readable only by the postgres user, which is the same user pgpool-II is running as.
> > This file contains:
> > sr_check_password = 'TEXTpass1'
> > health_check_password = 'TEXTpass2'
> > recovery_password = 'TEXTpass3'
>
> The format of "passwords.conf" should be:
>
>    <username>:<password>
>

> If your pgpool.conf settings are:
>
> sr_check_user = 'pgpool'
> sr_check_password=''
> health_check_user = 'pgpool'
> health_check_password = ''
> recovery_user = 'postgres'
> recovery_password = ''
>
> passwords.conf should be:
>
> pgpool:TEXTpasswordofpgpool
> postgres:TEXTpasswordofpostgres

Thank you for the corrections. I had assumed that the format of the passwords.conf file would be the same as pgpool.conf and that it would use the keys from the conf file.
However I see that this is generic for any database user so it makes perfect sense as it is.
Now everything is working.
Thank you!

Jon Schewe