[pgpool-general: 7993] Re: pcp_node_info does not return when host is lost on 4.3.0

Emond Papegaaij emond.papegaaij at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 20:05:11 JST 2022

Hi,

> I am the author of the commits.
>
> Question is why the issue does not happen in other environments. I and
> Peng failed to reproduce the problem. The build farm does not report
> any failure caused by this too. Is there anything special with your
> envrionment?

I'm not aware of anything special in our setup with this regard. It's a
streaming replication with 3 nodes. Maybe it's because the servers are
powered down hard and I do not give pgpool time to detect the failures
before I start reading the node info.

I'm doing some more troubleshooting with additional logging added to pgpool
to see if I can find the point in the code where the execution gets stuck,
loops or bails out in some unexpected way. I'll let you know the results
when I have more information.

Best regards,
Emond