[pgpool-general: 7989] Re: pcp_node_info does not return when host is lost on 4.3.0

Emond Papegaaij emond.papegaaij at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 01:12:14 JST 2022

Hi,

I've managed to do some bisecting today, and I can say with quite high
confidence that the issue is introduced with these 2 commits:
1ae1f159b89f4d18a8f7b737929e9a6448ad63ab Add new fields to show pool_nodes
command and friends.
6de0d264be66ce145d3ed726235920401cf74ebe Fix pcp_node_info failure when
backend is down.

When running the tests with the first commit, pgpool fails to start at that
point in the test. I suspect the second commit fixes that, but since that
point, all builds got stuck on the pcp_node_info call. In between there's
another commit that updates some docs
(8e8ecaced44ec9e6322023729c427bcfa732deda), but that should not be relevant
to this issue. I hope this info helps you pinpoint the exact problem.

Best regards,
Emond