[pgpool-general: 7986] Re: pcp_node_info does not return when host is lost on 4.3.0

Emond Papegaaij emond.papegaaij at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 22:10:05 JST 2022

> > We are working on the upgrade from 4.2.6 to 4.3.0 and we are facing a
>> test
>> > that is failing consistently. In one of our tests we powerdown 2 of the
>> 3
>> > hosts with a hard poweroff. Prior to the poweroff, we configure the
>> cluster
>>
>> Thank you for reporting this issue.
>> I am going to look into it.
>> Does this issue only occur in 4.3.0?
>

> Thanks for looking into this. As often is the case with these kinds of
> errors, I cannot be absolutely sure, but I haven't seen this error before
> with 4.2.6 or earlier. We skipped 4.2.7, as the release notes state it was
> only for PG14 support, which we don't need at the moment.
>
> To report back on this. We've ran 11 consecutive builds with 4.3.0, all
failing on this issue. I've check the past 40 or so build with 4.2.6 and
none of them failed. So this is definitely a regression in 4.3.0. Do you
already have an idea on the cause of this? If not, I can try to perform a
bisect on the diff between 4.2.6 and 4.3.0. This will however take me some
time, as every build takes about 2 hours. Git expects about 8 revisions to
check, so that's 2 whole working days.

Best regards,
Emond