[pgpool-general: 8026] Pgpool HA in AWS

RAJAMOHAN garajamohan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 18:45:34 JST 2022

Hello team,

I am setting up a high availability architecture for pgpool using ec2
instances. I am able to complete 2 node pgpool instances setup in the same
subnet using watchdog by detaching and attaching secondary ENI (Private
ip). And it's working fine.

As a next step I am planning to setup two pgpool instances in 2 different
availability zones to avoid AZ level outages as well. But the problem now
is since both AZ's have different subnet ranges I can't use the secondary
ENI or elastic ip approach.

Are there any other options to overcome this? Any suggestions or ideas will
be helpful?

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajamohan.J