[pgpool-general: 8024] Problems with delegate_ip

cen imbacen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 19:53:34 JST 2022

Hi, I have a weird problem with delegate IP

I have two ubuntu 20.04 instances, 10.10.20.1/16 and 10.10.20.2/16.

I set the delegate IP to 10.10.30.211/24. After this, when master node
acquires the delegate IP, all dns resolution on master stops working.
DNS is on 10.10.30.10

I think it is because the DNS IP falls into the delegate IP range? I
tried to narrow the delegate IP range to /28 so it does not overlap with DNS

but then I started having weird problems with "connection refused"
(pgpool can be pinged via delegate IP but port is supposedly not
listening, even though if I check on master node it IS listening on
0.0.0.0/0). Doing arping from client to master node makes the connection
work temporarily.

Could someone shed some light on how to set the delegate IP and netmask
properly?

Best regards