[pgpool-general: 8015] Re: connection is not available

Nikolay Mastilo (HM) nikm71 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 5 15:36:08 JST 2022

> I hardly understand your system configuration. So I cannot tell which
> is (or any other) better. Can you clarify from the perspective of
> PostgreSQL server? I mean:
>
> 1) I assume you have 1 PostgreSQL primary and some number of standby
>    servers in streaming replication configuration. They have exactly
>    same database cluster. Am I correct?
>
> 2) If #1 is correct, how many databases and database users do you
> have? My wild guess is each "service" is related to each database. So
> you have 5 databases? Number of database users is same as "connection
> users"? If so, probably number of database users is 100?

[NM]: Yes you are right. 5 services-applications. Each connects to its
own dedicated database.

So there are 5 services-applications and 5 databases.

Each services-application connects to its database with only one(!)
database username.

Total number of application consumers - 100. They work with all
services-applications.

The main question - since the application connects to the database with
only one username, it probably makes no sense to set the max_pool
parameter to more than 1. Right?

Regards,
Nikolay